Kindly forwarded by Jonathan Tygier are the below photographs of his Grandparents, John Tygier and Barbara Najman.
John was one of the three children that did not come to the UK with his mother, Minnie, and six of his brothers and sisters. The other two children that stayed behind where a sister Gustawa (Gertrude) and a brother Herman.
Below is some form of ID pass for Jan (Ksiazeczka Wojskowa = Book Military)
- Birth date (Urodz dn) : 15/03/1883
- Birth place : Lodz
- Native language (Jezyk macierzysty) : Polish
- Parent’s names (Imiona rodziców) : Looks to me like Stanislaw (we know as Sydney Woolf) and Minnie.
- Their place of residence (miejsce ich zamieszk) : England
- Family status (Sian rodzinny) : Married (Zonaty)
- Marriage date (Daty slubu) : Looks like 30/01/1904
- Wife’s name (Imie) : Barbara Najman
- Dzieci is children so it shows their births in 1911 (Irene) and 1913 (Stanislaw)
Barbara Tygier nee Najman
Both Jan and Barbara are buried in the cemetery at Lodz.
The records for their burials can be found on the JewishGen website.